Welcome to the Rotary of Northeast Florida E-Club. We are Rotary District 6970's 61st club receiving our charter from Rotary International on April 16, 2015. Club membership is made up from individuals who reside in the 12 counties of the northeast corner of Florida - Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Marion, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Union, and Volusia.
Many members of our club are individuals who could not meet the weekly meeting requirements of a terra club due to professional or personal commitments. Their membership in our club gives them access to their club anywhere, 24 hours a day, six days a week. Also, our club affords Rotarians the opportunity to do make up meetings with us when they are unable to attend their home club meetings.
If you are a visiting Rotarian wishing to make up a meeting with our club, please select the tab at the top entitled "Visiting Rotarian" Sign in as a "Visiting Rotarian" to get you started. Once in, click "Next" at the bottom of the Member Interest page. This information is for members only.
Rotary International requires that visiting Rotarians who plan to use our club for a make-up spend a minimum of 20 minutes in the site. The program portion of the meeting will provide you with the 20 minutes you need. However, you are invited to visit the entire meeting.
A minimum donation of 5.00 is required and must be separate from any additional contribution. To donate more, please go back to the main menu and click on the Donation link. Make your contribution in the Miscellaneous category.
To receive credit for your visit, please print your $5.00 receipt to give to your club secretary.
2015 - 2016 Club Activities
From the start our club has been very busy. Here are some of the highlights of the club's work during the past year.
- Read to second graders at three elementary schools
- Participated in a food drive with the Rotary Club of Palatka to help fill weekend back packs for under nourished children
- Provided 35 families/children with food during the Thanksgiving holiday
- Provided 25 families/children with food during the Christmas holiday
- Provided 17 children with Christmas presents
- Participated with the Rotary of Palatka Sunrise club's annual Senior Santa project
- Held 2 Purple Pinkie paintings at 2 elementary schools to raise awareness & money for polio eradication
- Purchased 4 canine vests for the K9's For Warriors Orion Project
- Participated in "Rotary Has Heart" with the PACE Center for Girls
- Participated in the "Pinwheels for Prevention" campaign to prevent child abuse
- Sponsored two students to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Award conference
- Purchased 2 beds for a new homeless shelter for women and children
- Attended and helped cook food at the annual social for District 6970 Area 9's five clubs
Who Can Join the E-Club?
If you are interested in joining our club, you need to be in one of the following categories:
- Eligible prospective members located in northeast Florida with no previous membership in Rotary, who wish to be involved in community and international service projects, and who could effectively serve through an online meeting format.
- Eligible prospective members, who were formerly, but are not currently, members of a Rotary club.
- Young eligible prospective members who are under the age of 35 who cannot fit the standard Rotary meeting format into their schedule or justify the financial commitment.
- Current Rotarians who are unable to sustain standard Rotary club membership due to extensive business commitments, health issues, geographical isolation, or a mobile lifestyle, but desire to continue their service commitment through Rotary.
Club Meetings and Format
Call to Order: 6:00 p.m. on Saturday
Adjournment: 6:00 p.m. on the following Friday
All Rotary meetings consist of two parts: 1) Welcome/Call to Order/General Club Information 2) Program. Members are expected to participate in both parts of each weekly meetings.
- Please contact Club President Sandra Hartley at email@example.com to get an application.
- An initiation fee of $25 must be submitted with your application form.
- Dues are $125 per calendar quarter. Members are encouraged to pay on line.
- Weekly attendance is required. If you are unable to make a weekly meeting, you are expected to make it up. Check with the club secretary on how to make up a meeting.
- Members are should plan to participate in club service projects and collaborative projects whenever possible.
Service Above Self, One Profits Most Who Serves Best